5 Things Caring Men and Women can do to keep Connection and Trust with their spouses and children.
Watch the video for more specific explanation. Below is what is listed on the white board in the video since there is some glare.
1. Have internal awareness Learn self-empathy! Nonviolent Communication provides a map for this. Learn and practice pausing and breathing.
2. Learn to Listen deeply. Have an intention to connect, rather than to fix, console, advise, educate, or convince. Nonviolent Communication is based on empathic listening skills - for ourselves and for others.
3. Speak with Authenticity and care. Nonviolent Communication uses the same map for listening as for speaking so it's simple to understand, and takes practice to do.
4. Q-tip - Quit Taking It Personally Nonviolent Communication can show you HOW.
5. Get support for your relationships. Get empathy from others outside of your relationship. Create a circle of support, an empathic culture. Get an empathy buddy to practice with.
CLICK on the CALENDAR tab above to get more information or on the REGISTER tab to register for a class.
Coming soon: Video on 5 things PARENTS can do to keep connection and trust with their children, while still being able to guide them.
Self-empathy video below. I'll walk you through a self-awareness and self-compassion process.
If you want a similar version of this in a written form, go to the "About" tab above and enter your email address into the form. I will then send you the written version. If you are already signed up as a subscriber on my web site and would like a written self-awareness/self-empathy worksheet and guide, please email me at email@example.com. Also any questions are welcomed.
For current trainings in the area see the "Calendar" tab above.
Tools for Resilience Power Point Guided Meditations: Barb Larson's Beauty of the Needs Meditation